A company advocate for RetailROI is simply someone using their regular job to make a difference for children in need. What a company advocate does is the following:
- Works with RetailROI to discuss your company's core strengths and then brainstorm with us on how those might be leveraged to help orphaned and vulnerable children.
- Work internally to identify "who" within your organization would be responsible for the different types of programs where we would work together and help facilitate those introductions. RetailROI then takes on the process of sharing the mission and hoping to convince your company to come on board.You help by doing the necessary paperwork or other internal things that must happen.
- Some examples of ways your company might get involved and the types of introductions that would need to be made are the following:
- Donate overstocked merchandise to charities in need in your community - work with RetailROI to introduce us to Operations and Merchandising or your CFO to show the benefit of donating your overstocked materials to charities in the region of your stores.Talking to many CFOs it becomes obvious that some chains have millions of dollars of merchandise that you can't sell profitably but sit on the books and you have to pay taxes on that inventory. RetailROI can help you get a charitable donation credit for the merchandise while helping vulnerable children and women at risk. For more information, Click Here.
- Introduce some of the materials from the Dave Thomas Foundation with your HR department on how to create an "Adoption Friendly Workplace".
- Seek out different mentoring organizations within your community and seek to establish a program through your HR department where your employees can provide mentoring or a series of life-skills training classes for foster kids or at-risk youth in your community.
- Help identify who internally that RetailROI would need to be introduced to to discuss a RoundUp for Orphans campaign where consumers could participate with the your stores for donations through a "keep the change" campaign where consumers can opt to donate their coins from their change by rounding their transaction up to the nearest dollar. These funds are then consolidated through the normal accounting and a donation is made from the retailer to RetailROI.
There are numerous ways you can be involved as a company advocate. After reviewing these ideas above, please Contact Us and we can help you take the next step internally.